6.9.11

back in the saddle!

even though it's been the summer holidays with considerable downtime, i managed to sneak quite a bit of 'doing time' inorder to finish a project for 'The Point Theatre' in Hampshire. This is an exhibition called 'art lover', the remit being to produce work in response to a love poem. It starts on September 16th and runs until 16th December. I've chosen to illustrate lines of poetry from one of my favourite books called 'Astrid and Veronika' by Linda Ollson. I've read this book a few times now and it always makes me cry. Why crying would make you want to read a book again, I don't know, that's the mysterious thing about being female......

I am going to be producing giglee archival prints from some of these shortly. The originals are available now on my folksy site, with the prints to follow shortly.


'for the day is you'  2011
hand painted and drawn layered papercut
42 x 54 x 5 cms

'for the day is you' detail

"how can i quiet my heart?"
layered papercut with vintage wallpaper
54 x 54 x 5 cms

'how can i quiet my heart?' detail

'like a driven wave' 2011
layered papercut
25 x 25 x 5 cms
'like a driven wave' detail
'The heart must grow, or it is a wretched heart" 2011
layered papercut and print
42 x 32 x 5 cms
'the heart must grow or it is a wretched heart'
detail
'Tonight, tomorrow' 2011
layered papercut, print and drawing
54 x 54 x 5 cms
'tonight, tomorrow' detail


No comments: